General Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions (GTC) for the use of eLearning products and services on eventmasterbook.com, provided by AdCoach (AdCoach.de)
By using our eLearning products (free and/or paid courses) and services on eventmasterbook.com (respectively ui.eventmasterbook.com) you accept the following terms and conditions.
§ 1 General Terms and Definitions, Scope of Application
1. The platform eventmasterbook.com is a product provided by AdCoach Marketing & Publishing Services UG (Limited liability), Richmod Str. 6, 50667 Koeln, Germany (hereafter referred to as: "AdCoach"). eventmasterbook.com is aimed at consumers*, companies, authorities, associations, etc.
(* "Consumer" means any natural person who is acting for purposes which are outside his/her trade, business, craft or profession.)
2. "User" is the natural person who books an online course on/at eventmasterbook.com and/or participates in the course.
3. If a company (or authority, association, etc.) is entered as the invoice recipient (when booking a paid course), these GTC apply in full to the purchaser, the user/s and the invoice recipient.
4. The participation in the eLearning courses on eventmasterbook.com is only permitted for registered users.
5. These general terms and conditions apply to the contractual relationship between AdCoach and the user and (in case of paid courses) between AdCoach and the invoice recipient (if different). Deviating, conflicting or supplementary terms and conditions, e.g. the user's or the invoice recipient's own terms and conditions of purchase, shall not become part of the contract unless their validity was expressly agreed in writing when the contract was concluded. Any reference to the user's and/or invoice recipient's Terms and Conditions and/or Conditions of Purchase are expressly rejected.
§ 2 Conclusion of contract, payment and cancellation options
1. AdCoach provides paid and free eLearning courses on eventmasterbook.com. To participate in the free courses a registration (with a personal email address) is required. For the paid courses one or more access key(s) can be ordered. Unless expressly agreed otherwise, each access key is person-related, i.e. only valid for a single user and not transferable. The registration for an online course is possible for employees of companies and public institutions as well as for private individuals / consumers.
2. The booking of and the participation in an online course requires the legal age of majority (min. 18 years) and unrestricted legal ability of the user as well as the invoice recipient (if different).
3. The booking and registration for a course is done by filling out a registration form provided by AdCoach. By completing and submitting the form, the user registers for the respective course and thereby concludes a contract with AdCoach. When registering for a course, the user is required to provide only truthful information about him/herself (and, if applicable, about the company). A personal e-mail address of the user is mandatory for the registration. The user is required to provide a valid e-mail address that does not belong to any third party and under which he or she can be personally contacted for the entire duration of the course. The e-mail address cannot be changed during the course period.)
4. In the case of chargeable (paid / fee-based) courses: the user has the choice between different payment options. Until payment has been made, the user can withdraw from the registration (e.g. by cancelling the registration or payment process). Once payment has been completed, it is no longer possible to cancel the course registration free of charge as access to all course materials is activated immediately after payment and the complete course is therefore fully accessible online. (In case of cancellation of a chargeable course after the course access has been activated, 100% of the course fees will be charged as cancellation fee.)
5. Consumers (see above §1 item 1) have in the case of chargeable courses a right to withdraw from the contract within 14 days within the framework of the legal regulations. Detailed information about this right is provided during the ordering process. In the ordering process, the user has the option of explicitly waiving this right if the course access is to be automatically activated immediately after successful completion of the payment process. If this is not desired, the booking of the course cannot be continued via the automated procedure in the online shop. If the user wishes to book beyond the automated procedure, the user can request the registration forms for the respective course by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating his/her contact details.
§ 3 Availability of the eLearning platform and course materials, access to the platform
1. AdCoach provides an eLearning platform for participation in eLearning courses at eventmasterbook.com. The user registers via this platform for a course from the current range of courses offered by eventmasterbook.com. After successful registration (and payment of the course fee for fee-based courses), access to the booked course is activated. The user receives unrestricted access to all course materials of the booked course via his/her personal course account for the duration specified in the respective course description.
2. The right to use the eLearning platform of AdCoach exists only within the framework of the technical and operational possibilities at AdCoach. AdCoach tries to ensure that the services can be used as uninterruptedly as possible. However, temporary restrictions or interruptions may occur due to technical faults (such as interruption of the power supply, hardware/software errors or technical problems within the network). If there is a prolonged technical malfunction (> 24 hours) of the platform, the individual course duration will be extended accordingly. AdCoach does not guarantee the availability and accessibility of the eLearning platform and the course materials in individual cases. For testing the various course materials, AdCoach provides free demo versions (only for fee-based courses) on the eventmasterbook.com platform, which can be tested without obligation before registering for a course.
3. AdCoach is allowed to expand the functional scope of the e-learning platform at any time without previous announcement, e.g. to adapt it technically, to change the menu navigation or design, or to restrict it in an appropriate way, as far as this is acceptable for the user. Furthermore, AdCoach is entitled to make necessary updates to the course content at any time.
4. For free courses, the access period is not limited unless otherwise stated in the course description and as long as the respective course is available. AdCoach reserves the right to block individual access to free courses and/or to stop or modify the free courses themselves at any time and without previous notice.
§ 4 Obligations of the user
1. The user receives access data from eventmasterbook.com for the purpose of using the eLearning platform. The user is obliged to keep these access data secret and to inform AdCoach immediately about the loss or unauthorized use of the access data by third parties. The user is not permitted to make access data available to third parties or to use his or her own access data to procure information about contents of the platform and/or courses for third parties.
2. The user can watch all videos of the course via the course page (after login) during the entire course duration; the .pdf documents (course materials, e.g. checklists) provided for download can be used during the course as well as after the course for personal assistance. Any liability for technical problems arising from the use of the documents is excluded.
3. The user is strictly obliged,
- NOT to make the course accessible to other persons, e.g. neither to pass on the access data, nor to share the course (in whole or in excerpts) with other, non-registered persons, incl. streaming, iframing, etc.;
- NOT to publish, reproduce, modify or record he course materials (e.g. videos, checklists etc. as a whole or in excerpts) nor to make them available to third parties;
- to use the course materials exclusively for the user's own work in context of event management, but NOT in the context of lecturing, training, publications, videos, podcasts, etc. or on websites, video platforms, social media etc.
"Fair use"- rule (= fair use of the content).
4. The user is obliged not to inject (or attempt to inject) any code or similar into the eLearning platform or the media, documents, forms etc. provided here.
5. The user guarantees AdCoach not to place any information on the platform that contains malicious code (or other malicious programming instructions) or any content that infringes applicable law.
6. The user is not allowed to avoid or change (or attempt to change) any usage and/or access restrictions (e.g. on the platform, in the course, the videos or PDFs, etc.).
§ 5 Contract ending, suspension, cancellation
2. Unless explicitly agreed otherwise (in writing), the contract ends with the expiry of the respective course duration (in the case of paid courses) or if the course is no longer provided (in the case of free courses).
3. The right to cancel the contract for good cause (e.g. see these GTC § 4, § 5.1) by AdCoach is possible at any time, irrespective of the regulation under § 5 item 2.
§ 6 Liability
1. Unless otherwise stated in these General Terms and Conditions (GTC) including the following provisions, AdCoach shall be liable for a breach of contractual and non-contractual obligations in accordance with the relevant statutory provisions.
2. AdCoach is liable for damages - regardless of the legal basis - only in case of intent and gross negligence. In case of simple negligence AdCoach is only liable a) for damages resulting from injury to life, body or health, b) for damages resulting from the breach of an essential contractual obligation; in this case, however, the liability of AdCoach is limited to the compensation of the foreseeable, typically occurring damage, to a maximum of the amount of the paid course fees.
3. Despite of all the care taken in the preparation of the course materials, AdCoach accepts no liability for the correctness, completeness or up-to-dateness of the videos, content, graphics, checklists, teaching materials, explanatory texts, links, tips and legal advice. The responsibility for the use of the course content lies exclusively with the user.
§ 7 Final provisions
1. The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply exclusively with the exception of the UN Sales Convention (CISG). In the case of consumers, this choice of law shall only apply to the extent that the protection granted is not withdrawn by mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which the consumer has his habitual residence.
2. If the user is not a consumer, the exclusive place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from this contract is the registered office of AdCoach. The same applies if the user does not have a general place of jurisdiction in Germany or if domicile or habitual residence are not known at the time of the institution of legal proceedings.
The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (ODR), which you can find at https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. We are neither obliged nor willing to participate in a dispute resolution procedure at a consumer arbitration board.
© 2021 AdCoach Marketing & Publishing Services UG | www.AdCoach.de/about/impressum (Last revised: October 1, 2021)